Happy 2017 everyone! Like many of us, you probably made the resolution to eat healthier this year. While it’s fun to make goals and get excited over them, resolutions are much easier to stick to if you have a solid plan to achieve your objectives. And eating healthy is no exception.
I literally eat every 2 hours (or else I go in a total #hanger shtfit), so having healthy snacks within reach is crucial for me to stay away from junk food. One of my favorite munchies are raw protein balls. They are packed with nutrition, made without added sugar, got enough protein to prevent spikes and drops of blood sugar (to avoid above shtfit), keep me full and are simple to make. Enjoy the recipe!
Easy raw protein balls recipe
- 500 grams of date paste
- 1 tbp of almond mill
- 1 tbp of chia seeds
- 0.5 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 0.25 cup of pumpkin seed
- 1 cup of hemp seeds (place in a separate bowl)
- 0.5 cup of coconut shaving (place in a separate bowl)
- In a mixing bowl, work the almond mill, chia seeds, protein powder and pumpkin seeds into the date paste with your hands.
- Roll the paste into a ball.
- Roll the ball first into the bowl of hemp seeds, making sure to press the seeds into the paste. Repeat with the bowl of coconut shavings.
- Repeat until you have a delicious mountain of protein balls 🙂
- Alternatively, you can also mix all the ingredients into a food processor and then roll the paste in a ball.
- I usually take out 3-4 balls for the day (leave at room temperature) and keep the rest in the fridge for a maximum of 7 days.
The fun thing about protein balls is that you can substitute any of the ingredients to your liking. Please let me know in the comments what you like to put into your protein balls!
Much love and hugs,
If you want to learn how to get your vitamins from plant-based foods, click on the image to download your FREE Vitamin Guide!