Hey Soul Huggers! I just finished a 30 days elimination diet challenge and I am thrilled to be able to eat whatever (healthy) I want again. Among several things, we weren’t allowed to add sugar, including my favorite honey and maple syrup. Now that the challenge is over, I can go on a baking frenzy and pour maple syrup on EVERYTHING. I’ve been wanting to try this vegan cheesecake recipe for a while. There are several delicious recipes out there but as my pantry was running low, this is my simplified version.
- 3/4 cup of date paste *
- 3/4 cup almond meal**
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked over night
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
*You can use 1 cup of pitted dates (soaked over night) and blend in a food processor (without the soaking water) until a paste is formed.
**You can use 1 cup of almonds and put them in a food processor to create your meal.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Freezing time: 1.5-2 hours
To make the crust:
- Line 4 small pie shells with saran wrap to make removal of the cake easier.
- Place the date paste and almond meal in a food processor. Blend until a dough is formed. You can add more almond meal if you want your crust to be on the harder side.
- Transfer the dough in the pie shells. Press the dough against the bottom and sides of your shell with your fingers to create the crust.
- Place pie shells in the freezer for 30 to 60 minutes.
To make the filling:
- Discard the soaking water of the cashews. Place the cashews and maple syrup in a blender and blend until the cashews are small chunky bits.
- Add the blueberries and continue to blend until smooth. You can add a teaspoon of water/almond milk at a time if the mix doesn’t blend well. However, the consistency should be thick and smooth.
- Take out the pie shells from the freezer after 30 to 60 minutes. Pour the blueberry filling into the shells and smooth out the top with a spoon or spatula.
- Place in freezer for 30 to 60 minutes. The filling should be hard.
- 5 minutes before serving, take out the cakes to let them thaw. Garnish with strawberries and coconut flakes. Serve cakes chilled.
Let me know in the comments below if you try out this recipe and what personal touches you have added 🙂 And don’t be shy to share this post if you like it!
Much love and hugs,
If you want to learn how to get your vitamins from plant-based foods, click on the image to download your FREE Vitamin Guide!